Tuesday, January 4, 2011

In the beginning

So here it is the start of a new year and the start of a new me.  I have always marveled at how the human body works.  It is amazing how each muscle, vein, fiber and cell in our body has a very specific task to keep us alive and thriving.  Really that is the whole goal of the human body, to keep us alive.  Of course this was a lot more difficult thousands of years ago when you actually had to hunt for your food and cultivate it, now we just "super size" it, drive home and plop down in front of the TV.  No wonder 60% of US are overweight.  In the interest of disclosure, I feel I must say that I am not, nor have I ever been overweight.  Regardless, I have spent many years living a less than healthy lifestyle.  I am now embarking on a journey to peek fitness.  It is my goal, in the next year, to compete in a fitness competition.  My sister, who has always been on the same wavelength as me, is joining me on this trek.  I hope to use this blog as an opportunity to share what I have learned, and what I am doing to reach this goal.  Maybe it will inspire you to reach for a goal that seems insane too.

“Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.”
            Vince Lombardi

No comments:

Post a Comment