Friday, January 14, 2011

Eating like crap!

What is wrong with me?  I can't stop eating processed foods this week.  Maybe it is because I have a cold, my kids have colds or the stress of trying to take care of them and me, but I just can't seem to stop.  I tell myself to eat something healthy like an apple with natural peanut butter, next thing you know I am scooping sour cream out of the tub with crackers...bwaa!  I will eat clean, I will eat clean, I will eat clean.  I recently read an article in Oxygen magazine that said, "short-term exposure to foods like beef, butter, full-fat cheese and milk contain a type of saturated fat that turns off the pathway to your brain that make you feel full."  Even if you return to good eating right after eating this kind of fat, the effects last three days.  That is three days of working against your own brain.  I must get back to clean eating; I will get back to clean eating!

1 comment:

  1. Ugh...just like my "carbs beget carbs!" I'm really having to fight food cravings after a weekend of indulging (starting at Danielle's breakfast last Thursday and going through Thanksgiving 2.2 on Saturday night).

    ReplyDelete