Monday, March 14, 2011

Teeny tiny bikini

My sister and I went to the Fitness competition on Saturday.  This is the same competition that we are going to compete in next year.  There were a record number of contestants...262!  It was amazing to see some of the bodies of the athletes.  Some of the men were so cut and defined that you could see the different fibers in their chest muscles.  It was like being at Body Worlds, but you could see the muscles with the skin still on.  The women started with the fitness competitors.  They come out on stage according to their class which is based on height.  They do quarter turns in front of the judges completing a circle, flexing the whole time they are on stage.  They were so muscular; you could see all of the muscles in their backs, beautiful v-tapers, ripped abs, defined bootys and not a drop of fat.  I was so intimidated, not to mention that the women the judges seemed to favor were a little bigger than I would like to be.  I was feeling reluctant...then the bikini women took the stage.  Now these women have some beautiful bodies, but not cut so you can see all the muscles.  They are toned and tight with not so much as a thigh dimple.  They don't have to flex, they simply stand in front of the judges, pose and smile.  They do a short "model walk" and present their backside to the viewing audience.  This was far less intimidating and totally achievable.  They had about 20 contestants per "class", so I have to have a better body than about 20 hard bodies to win.  I realize that this is probably not going to happen, but hey, at least I can say I tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment